How “SMART” are You?- Sleep Disorders

Days are gone when you were smarter than the things around you. Days are gone that you control the things you use. Things have changed upside down now. The things we use are getting smarter than us and they started taking control of our time. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep and the first thing after you wake up?

Yes, checking your Smart phones is the last thing we do before we go to sleep and they are the first thing we do when we wake up. Smartphone’s have become a necessity for us and well, we all can’t really blame anyone for this. 95% of us are in the same category. If you belong to the remaining 5% that means you don’t have a smart phone yet.  Let us look at some effects it is doing to your Eyes and Health.

Your brain is affected by this. This approach is damaging, yes – damaging, to your brain. This is backed by science by the way. So you better take us seriously. According to studies, sleeping with the Smartphone and engaging with it even about an hour ago before you go to sleep can seriously damage your sleep quality and health in ways that will be lasting. We all pretend that we know Science, but do we really know? According to scientific research, the sleep is the time when the body is in the detoxification phase and interruption of this phase can lead to a number of very serious concerns. And we still tend to use our phones while sleeping.

The phone comprises of a very bright blue light that helps your phone to be visible even during sunny days right? Now imagine how dangerous it is to look at the same light in Dark while sleeping. And also this light confuses your brain into registering the light as being sunlight when you use your Smartphone at night. So when you check your phone at night, it’s sending a stream of photons right into your eyes and telling your brain not to secrete melatonin (the hormone that makes you feel tired). That means that you’re awake for longer. This may sound like a magical way, but the costs are too high. This can make you very dangerously ill.

By the time your brain realizes its duty after you put your Smartphone aside, it’s several hours past your desired sleep time. Do this consistently, and you’re missing out on a few hours of sleep every night. Now, that might not sound very bad. So basically your Smartphone is playing with you in the Dark and makes you incredibly ill. This habit of using your Smartphone while sleeping can take a serious toll on your health! A number of health risks that are associated with this include a decrease in sleep and therefore, leading to shorter memory and slow reflexes. It can lead to obesity, depression and cancer.

All this sounds dangerous, isn’t it? What can you do about it? Make it a habit to put your phone away at least an hour before you go to bed. If you can put it in another room; that’d be great! Trust me by doing this you are doing a huge favor to your health, No Kidding!

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *