Relationship is defined as the way in which two or more people, groups, countries, etc., talk to, behave toward, and deal with each other. In this time of the world, when intolerance is creeping into the lives of human beings, developing and maintaining a relationship is becoming difficult by the day. Whatever level of SUCCESS one may achieve, if one is lonely in the end, it amounts to FAILURE.
A good relationship is more than something we want—it’s something we need to be our happiest, healthiest, most productive selves. But at home or work, supportive, fulfilling relationships don’t come automatically. They take an investment in time and energy as well as social skills that can be learned.
Relationships need to be built when one is young since as you grow old, it becomes more and more difficult. Hence, building, nurturing and investing in relationships should start from an early age. But relationships must be meaningful and sincere, not merely numbers which means nothing.
Following are some of the ways, how strong meaningful relationships can be built in life so that you can cherish and relish them as you grow old. It is then, money, status, position, nothing gives pleasure and satisfaction. What pleases you are few trustworthy sincere friends.
1. Body language, tone and manner, matter a lot whenever you are speaking to someone. Be polite and positive. Mean what you say and do not mince words. Better to be straight forward rather ‘say something, mean something types’. Never irk to have the last word in a discussion (avoid arguments). Give-in in all the minor inconsequential matters. Never be sarcastic. Speak as you want to be spoken, with respect and gratitude.
2. Avoid ‘me First‘ approach: Develop the Attitude to give rather take. Help others. Take genuine interest in others`matters concerning them keeping your personal problems on the back burner. Give place to others in any queue. Be a good patient listener . All this will show, how much you care and caring types are kept in people’s heart.
3. Be the Original you: When you buy something, you are careful that you buy the original not duplicate. So be original. People should love you from heart not mind. Do not try to impress people, instead focus on expressing. You automatically impress people when you express with clarity, honesty and vision.
4. Forgive easily: You will find great solace in forgiving and owning a prejudice-free heart. Forgive, forget and move on. Do not provide rent-free space to all the grudges one can have in life. First cooperate then only expect others to cooperate. And if they don’t, do not crib, criticize or complain. Just go about what needs to be done. Just keep doing that.
5. Be Thankful, Appreciative and Encouraging:Well, quite a rare activity. We tend to pounce on someone’s faults & mistakes and ignore the good done. Doing that you may get perverted pleasure but would always lose lots of goodwill and bonhomie. Never let an opportunity, to be appreciative or encouraging, missed.
6. Be GOOD: Whatever you may be, BE GOOD. Your company, then shall be cherished and relished by everyone. When you do good, Goodness returns.
There are many more, but if you take care of the above, things will automatically fall into place in life. Building relationships must be given utmost priority taking help from the above cues. START DOING IT NOW whatever it takes. Its important, very important.